DiscoverE Engineers Week Outreach Grants Overview
Are you launching a new engineering outreach program or have exciting ideas to improve an existing program or event? Fund your project with a DiscoverE Engineers Week Outreach Grant! The goals of this grant program are to engage youth (particularly underserved K-12 students) with hands-on learning experiences and events that inspire an interest and understanding of engineering and take place in or around Engineers Week.
- Events or activities must be offered in connection with Engineers Week and take place between February 1, 2020 and March 8, 2020.
- Programs, events, and activities aimed at underserved audiences will receive priority consideration. If a program or event serves girls only, please apply for a Bell Girl Day grant instead.
- Grants are limited to organizations located in the U.S.
- If your organization has received a Collaboration Grant in the last year, you are not eligible.
- Programs do not need to be new, but must meet requirements above.
- We are no longer accepting applications for Engineers Week 2020.
- A short report is due upon project completion. Report will be submitted online.
- Participating students and volunteers must complete a short, online survey about their experience.
- Digital photos from the event or activities must be submitted for the report to be considered complete.
- Photo releases will be required for all report photos. Click here to download the release form for adults and the release form for minors. For large events where releases are not possible, be sure to post a sign notifying attendees that photos may be taken and used by DiscoverE for educational purposes. Preview the language here.
- DiscoverE’s Engineers Week Outreach Grants are intended to help fund events and activities led by not-for-profit organizations. If you are applying as a for-profit organization or corporation, your application may not be considered.
- Grants range between $250 and $1000. When submitting your request, please include your event/ program budget and list other sources of funding.
- Funds will be disbursed in two payments, 50% will be paid upon grant approval and the remaining 50% will be paid upon receipt of the final report, event photos and signed photo releases.
- Funds can be used for programmatic support, such as: site rental; food (lunches for students, etc.); bus transportation, photography, educational materials and essential project supplies.
- Funds cannot be used for alcoholic beverages, indirect charges/administrative overhead, capital expenditures or computer hardware or software.
- Deadline: November 15, 2019.
- DiscoverE staff and representatives will review the applications.
- Applicants will be notified of a decision within three to four weeks of submission.
The application window is closed for Engineers Week 2020.
The Engineers Week Outreach Grants program is generously sponsored by NCEES.