The Global Marathon is a wonderful opportunity to bring together colleagues, peers, and friends to network, discuss, and learn from the ideas and information presented each week.
Benefits of Hostig a Watch Party
Share a unique experience with others who care about the future of women in engineering and technology.
Stimulate fascinating group discussions.
Network with your colleagues.
Bring together multi-generational and multi-disciplinary colleagues from across your organization.
Register your party and be entered to win a weekly drawing for a $100 gift car
How to Plan a Watch Party (2019)
Please stay tuned for further details on hosting a watch party for the 2020 Global Marathon!
1. Register your watch party and be entered to win $100. Use this to pay for food and drinks for your guests. A weekly drawing will be held each Thursday before the next week's session. Winners will be notified via email.
2. Decide if you’ll host a watch party each week — or a select group of sessions. Check out the Global Marathon schedule to help you decide.
3. Find a location large enough for your group (ex: conference room in a local library or business) that has wi-fi, a projector, speakers, and a projection screen. Reserve as far in advance as possible.
4. Invite others to attend. Request that they RSVP at least a few days ahead of the event so that you know the number of people expected.
5. Plan food and/or drinks. It can be as simple as coffee, tea, water. You can also consider light snacks, lunch, or dessert.
6. Coordinate with an IT expert ahead of time to be sure that: the technology works and there are no firewall issues and you can project the Global Marathon on a screen. Download this pdf for technical specs.
7. Review our list of questions to keep the conversation going.
8. Set up Second Screen for your attendees. This new and easy to use feature allows watch party attendees to ask questions of the speakers directly from their phones. Download this pdf for the weekly session's Second Screen log-in code.
9. Thank your guests and announce any plans for your upcoming watch party.
Did you register for the Marathon?
Registration is required to access the sessions. We also encourage you to ask your guests to register as well. Each registrant receives access to all Global Marathon sessions on-demand, links to helpful DiscoverE resources, and the ability to connect with other attendees.