DiscoverE's Persist Series offers welcoming opportunities to bring colleagues, peers, and friends together to network, discuss, and learn from the ideas and information presented each month.
In light of the need for social distancing, we're encouraging virtual Watch Parties for the 2021 season. Consider alternatives for watching episodes with your colleagues and connecting virtually. Be sure to share your creative solutions!
You can also consider hosting a Watch Party at a later date. All episodes will be recorded and available for on-demand viewing at DiscoverE.org/OnDemand.
- Conversation Starters for your virtual watch party
- Virtual Watch Party Guide
- Tech Prep Virtual Watch Party Guide (for additional specifics)
- Register to attend DiscoverE's Persist Series (comming soon)
Benefits of Hosting a Virtual Watch Party
Share a unique experience with others who care about the future of women in engineering and technology.
Stimulate fascinating group discussions.
Network with your colleagues.
Bring together multi-generational and multi-disciplinary colleagues from across your organization.
How to Plan a Virtual Watch Party
1. Decide which month(s) you’ll host a virtual watch party. Check out the speakers and schedule (coming soon) to help you decide. Or schedule your watch party for a later date. Remember: We'll be archiving all the episodes to view at any time, free of charge, at DiscoverE.org/OnDemand!
2. Explore options your company offers for virtual conferencing. You can also host a virtual watch party on Facebook. To plan an in-person watch party for a later date, we suggest reserving a room large enough for your group (ex: conference room in a local library or business) that has Wi-Fi and a TV with an HDMI connection (or a projector, speakers, and a projection screen).
3. Invite others to attend virtually. Request that they RSVP at least a few days ahead of the event so that you know the number of people expected during the group discussion.
4. Encourage your guests to bring a snack, lunch, or dessert for a fun virtual "brown bag" event.
5. Coordinate with an IT expert ahead of time to be sure that: the technology works, there are no firewall issues, and you can watch the Global Marathon on your computer or smart device. Download the tech prep guide for Virtual Watch Party Leaders for additional specifics.
6. Review our list of questions to keep the conversation going.
8. Thank your guests and announce any plans for your upcoming virtual watch parties.
Registration for the Persist Series
Registration (coming soon) is required to access the episodes. We also encourage you to ask your guests to register as well. Each registrant receives access to all Persist Series episodes on-demand, links to helpful DiscoverE resources, and the ability to connect with other attendees.