The Global Marathon is a wonderful opportunity to bring colleagues, peers, and friends together to network, discuss, and learn from the ideas and information presented each week.
In light of the need for social distancing, 2020 Watch Parties have turned virtual. Consider alternatives for connecting virtually and be sure to share your creative solutions.
You can also consider hosting a Watch Party at a later date. All Global Marathon sessions will be recorded and available for free viewing at DiscoverE.org/OnDemand.
- Conversation Starters for your virtual watch party
- Virtual Watch Party Guide
- Tech Prep Virtual Watch Party Guide (for additional specifics)
- Register for the 2020 Global Marathon (required to join!)
Benefits of Hosting a Virtual Watch Party
Share a unique experience with others who care about the future of women in engineering and technology.
Stimulate fascinating group discussions.
Network with your colleagues.
Bring together multi-generational and multi-disciplinary colleagues from across your organization.
How to Plan a Virtual Watch Party
1. Decide which week(s) you’ll host a virtual watch party. Check out the 2020 Global Marathon speakers and schedule to help you decide. Or schedule your watch party for a later date. Remember: We'll be archiving all the sessions to view at any time, free of charge, at DiscoverE.org/OnDemand!
2. Explore options your company offers for virtual conferencing. You can also host a virtual watch party on Facebook. We'll be live streaming each session at Facebook.com/GlobalMarathon.To plan an in-person watch party for a later date, we suggest reserving a room large enough for your group (ex: conference room in a local library or business) that has Wi-Fi and a TV with an HDMI connection (or a projector, speakers, and a projection screen).
3. Invite others to attend virtually. Request that they RSVP at least a few days ahead of the event so that you know the number of people expected during the group discussion.
4. Encourage your guests to bring a snack, lunch, or dessert for a fun virtual "brown bag" event.
5. Coordinate with an IT expert ahead of time to be sure that: the technology works, there are no firewall issues, and you can watch the Global Marathon on your computer or smart device. Download the tech prep guide for Virtual Watch Party Leaders for additional specifics.
6. Review our list of questions to keep the conversation going.
8. Thank your guests and announce any plans for your upcoming virtual watch parties.
Registration for the 2020 Global Marathon
Registration is required to access the sessions. Click here to register or use bit.ly/2020GMReg. We also encourage you to ask your guests to register as well. Each registrant receives access to all Global Marathon sessions on-demand, links to helpful DiscoverE resources, and the ability to connect with other attendees.