Leslie Collins, Executive Director of DiscoverE, talks today with Rebecca Linder about being a part of the force behind Engineers Week and Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day. Having hosted both in-person and online events, Leslie speaks of the challenges and rewards of raising awareness to the field of engineering for kids and young adults, and delivering value to sponsors in their volunteer-based event system. Click here to listen to the episode.
• How to create buzz and attract volunteers to a non-profit event
• Leveraging social media to benefit sponsors and potential audience
• High-tech message with a low-tech budget
• Avoiding virtual event pitfalls
• Organizing thought leaders to power events that make a difference