Who is a Girl Day Role Model?
Anyone can be a Role Model: women, men, engineers, technicians, educators, and parents. Our Role Models are diverse. But they all have one thing in common—the understanding that role models can help girls (and boys) from all communities and backgrounds.
Sign up as a Girl Day Role Model and help girls realize their potential.
What does a Girl Day Role Model do?
You make a difference. You teach. You learn. You inspire.
As a Girl Day Role Model your level of involvement is entirely up to you. You can engage girls in a variety of ways:
Sometimes one interaction can change the course of a girl’s future.
In as little as 45 minutes you can tell the girls about your job, how your work makes a difference, lead a hands-on engineering activity, and answer their questions!
- And more! Get more ideas, planning tips,and resources here.
Here’s what Girl Day Role Models had to say about their experience:
- 100% say volunteering was a good use of their time.
- 84% say that volunteering with students reminds them of what they like about their chosen profession.
And when we asked them what they liked most, they said:
- Talking and working with the girls
- Doing hands-on activities
- Listening to the panel discussions
- That the girls were learning about engineering
Join our Girl Day Role Models Facebook group and connect with other Role Models. It's a great way to share resources, get ideas, and see what other Role Models are doing.
Sign Up: Be a Girl Day Role Model