Cookies are small text files placed on your computer or other devices by websites that you visit. Cookies are widely used to make websites, and other applications work more efficiently and help them remember certain information and recognize your internet browser. Cookies may last until you close your browser (“session” cookies) or over repeat visits (“persistent” cookies).
- Assist you in efficiently and safely navigating and experiencing our content and systems;
- Enable you to register, log in, provide feedback and otherwise interact with our services;
- Store and honor your preferences and settings;
- Measure and analyze usage and performance data, and
- Assist us with promotional and marketing efforts (including interest-based advertising).
If you access any of our services subject to a subscription agreement (newsletters or email subscriptions to one of our programs) or other contracts between us and you or your organization, cookies and similar technologies will be used as necessary for the performance of that contract and for our legitimate business operations related to providing the service.
Types of cookies
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions you make that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not work.
- Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. Those companies may use them to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social media cookies: These are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites. If you do not allow these cookies, you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
- Anonymized analytical cookies: These cookies ensure that anonymous data about your surfing behavior is collected every time you visit the website. This way, we can see how visitors use the website and plan improvements. We use anonymized analytical cookies for:
- tracking the number of visitors to our web pages;
- tracking the amount of time each visitor spends on our web pages;
- keeping track of the order in which a visitor visits the different pages of our website;
- assessing which parts of our site need updating;
- measuring and optimizing the performance of our marketing campaigns;
- redirecting traffic from different channels.