Engineering Is Open to Everyone
How do we stand up in moments like these?
This is not another conversation but rather a call to action.
Last year we presented our research findings from Messages Matter. Join us at DiscoverE’s 2023 Coalition Meeting for Part II of this important discussion.
We owe it to students and the STEM community to address why our research found that today’s high school students find the message Engineering Is Open to Everyone the most appealing message but the least believable.
Draft Agenda – (more details to come)
Morning Session: Featuring leaders who are working to create change at the system level.
Afternoon Session: DiscoverE Board President Dr. Mike D. Smith will moderate a dialogue to address a collective call to action.
- James Brown, Executive Director, STEM Education Coalition
- Jenna P. Carpenter, F.ASEE, Immediate Past President, American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), Dean and Professor, School of Engineering, Campbell University
- Mariana Acuña Delgado, Director, Government Relations & Public Affairs, Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Kimberly D. Douglas, Ph.D., Chief Research & Innovation Officer, Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Jacqueline El-Sayed, Ph.D., F.ASEE, Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director, American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Michele Lezama, President and CEO, NACME
- Errika Moore, Executive Director, STEM Funders Network
- Lisa Paz, Managing Director, Engagement & Advocacy, Advancing Indigenous People in STEM (AISES)
- Michael D. Smith. D. Eng., President, DiscoverE, Operations Manager, The PEER Group, LLC