Most kids don’t know any engineers or technicians. And they don’t really know what engineers do. This leads to interesting assumptions—like engineers sit in a cubicle doing math problems all day. Whether you meet with students in-person or virtually, you can spark their interest by talking to them about engineering, doing STEM activities, and sharing your story.
During Engineers Week or anytime during the year, we invite you to:
- Visit a classroom or afterschool. Use this guide to learn the ins and outs of planning your visit.
- Share Chats with Change Makers. Expose students to different engineers each month.
- Host an engineering event.
Engineers Week is a time to recognize the critical work of engineers, technicians, and technologists.
- Join us on social media #Eweek2022 #WhatEngineersDo
- Post photos of your team, engineering projects, and even selfies!
- Share a message about engineering’s vital role in innovating solutions to global challenges, the value of engineers, or engaging students in engineering.
- Host an Engineers Week event.
- It can be as simple as coffee or lunch with a few colleagues to hosting an organization wide celebration.
- Recognize individuals to honor their achievements – in person, online, or by nominating them for an award.
- Invite an inspiring speaker to deliver a virtual or live talk during Engineers Week.
- Post pictures #Eweek2022 #WhatEngineersDo
- Advocate for the field.
- Ask your mayor, governor, or congressional representative to issue a proclamation recognizing the contributions of engineers.
- Work with your corporation, society, or college communications team to post a message from leadership.
- Tell a friend.
- Do your colleagues, friends, and family know about Engineers Week and what your plans are for celebrating? Tell them and let them join in the fun.
This year our theme is Reimagining the Possible! Engineers create new possibilities all the time. From green buildings to fuel-efficient cars to life-saving vaccines, engineers work together to develop new technologies, products and opportunities that change how we live. Let’s inspire the next generation by celebrating all the ways engineers turn dreams into reality by reimagining what seems impossible to become the Possible!
Schedule and hashtags
Sunday, February 20: #Eweek2022 Kick Off
Monday, February 21: Launch of #WhatEngineersDo campaign
Wednesday, February 23: Persist Series: From Surviving to Thriving
Thursday, February 24: Celebrate #GirlDay2022 + Chats with Change Makers
Saturday, February 26: Last Day of #Eweek2022
Friday, March 4: Celebrate #WorldEngineeringDay
Social media graphics
Ads, posters, and artwork
DiscoverE has partnered with Jim Coleman, LTD to provide Engineers Week and Introduce a Girl to Engineering swag.
Check out the DiscoverE section of their website and place your order!
Purchase Engineers Week T-shirts from Jim Coleman, Ltd. Shop now
Or download the artwork to make your own.
Purchase Discover Engineering Bookmarks from Jim Coleman, Ltd. Shop now
Or download the artwork to make your own.
- Protect the Beach (English) – eps
- Design the Best Runway (English) – eps
- How Does Color Affect Sunlight (English) – eps
- Protect the Beach (Spanish) – eps
- Design the Best Runway (Spanish) – eps
- How Does Color Affect Sunlight (Spanish) – eps
Modify for your newsletters, blogs and other communications to spread the word:
- Engineers Week 2022 will run from February 20 to 26. This year’s theme — Reimagining the Possible — recognizes how engineers create new possibilities from green buildings to fuel-efficient cars to life-saving vaccines. By working together, engineers develop new technologies, products and opportunities that change how we live. This Engineers Week we hope that you’ll take a moment to recognize and celebrate the work of engineers and engage students in engineering. DiscoverE, the organization behind Engineers Week, has free resources you can use to inspire future innovators, such as hands-on engineering activities and lesson plans, information about engineering education, and pathways to a technical careers. Visit DiscoverE.org and get the help you need to focus on the “E” in STEM.
- Engineers Week 2022 is February 20-26! Share how engineers reimagine the possible! Celebrate #WhatEngineersDo. #Eweek2022.
- Tell the world #WhatEngineersDo! Join our #Eweek2022 celebration of how engineers make a difference: February 20-26. DiscoverE.org/EngineersWeek
- Engineers! How are YOU reimagining the possible? Tell us during #Eweek2022 (Feb 20-26). Let’s celebrate #WhatEngineersDo!
- Show students #WhatEngineersDo! Let’s inspire the next generation of innovators during #Eweek2022.
We have a photo library of copyright free images you can use in your marketing materials