Most kids don’t know any engineers or technicians. And they don’t really know what engineers do. This leads to interesting assumptions—like engineers sit in a cubicle doing math problems all day. Whether you meet with students in-person or virtually, you can spark their interest by talking to them about engineering, doing STEM activities, and sharing your story.
During Engineers Week or anytime during the year, we invite you to:
- Visit a classroom or afterschool. Use this guide to learn the ins and outs of planning your visit.
- Share Chats with Change Makers. Expose students to different engineers each month.
- Host an engineering event.
We love our sponsors
Get Logos and Social Media Graphics
Click Promotional Resources
Engineers Week is a time to recognize the critical work of engineers, technicians, and technologists.
- Join us on social media #Eweek2023
- Post photos of your team, engineering projects, and even selfies!
- Share a message about engineering’s vital role in innovating solutions to global challenges, the value of engineers, or engaging students in engineering.
- Host an Engineers Week event.
- It can be as simple as coffee or lunch with a few colleagues to hosting an organization wide celebration.
- Recognize individuals to honor their achievements – in person, online, or by nominating them for an award.
- Invite an inspiring speaker to deliver a virtual or live talk during Engineers Week.
- Post pictures #Eweek2023
- Advocate for the field.
- Ask your mayor, governor, or congressional representative to issue a proclamation recognizing the contributions of engineers.
- Work with your corporation, society, or college communications team to post a message from leadership.
- Tell a friend.
- Do your colleagues, friends, and family know about Engineers Week and what your plans are for celebrating? Tell them and let them join in the fun.
Get Inspired. Google Engineers Week 2022 and see what folks did last year!
This year our theme is Creating the Future! Engineers play a vital role in innovating solutions to global challenges that impact future generations. By working together to develop new technologies, products and opportunities, engineers create new possibilities that make the world a better place. Let’s inspire the next generation by celebrating all the ways engineers Create the Future!
2023 Resources Below - More Coming Soon!
Key Dates + Hashtags
Sunday, February 19: #Eweek2023 Kick Off
Tuesday, February 21: #FutureCity2023 Finals
Thursday, February 23: Celebrate #GirlDay2023 + Chats with Change Makers
Saturday, February 25: Last Day of #Eweek2023
Saturday, March 4: Celebrate #WorldEngineeringDay
More resources including graphics, bookmarks, certificates and our online store!
Engineers Week 2023
Social media graphics
- Engineers Week 2023 Graphic (1080×1080) – png
- Engineers Week 2023 MOTION Graphic – mp4 (small file)
- Engineers Week 2023 Motion Graphic – gif (COMING SOON)
Modify for your newsletters, blogs and other communications to spread the word:
- Engineers Week 2023 will run from February 19 to 25. This year’s theme — Creating the Future — recognizes how engineers play a vital role in innovating solutions to global challenges that impact future generations. By working together to develop new technologies, products and opportunities, engineers create new possibilities that make the world a better place. This Engineers Week we hope that you’ll take a moment to recognize and celebrate the work of engineers and engage students in engineering. DiscoverE, the organization behind Engineers Week, has free resources you can use to inspire future innovators, such as hands-on engineering activities and lesson plans, information about engineering education, and pathways to a technical careers. Visit DiscoverE.org and get the help you need to focus on the “E” in STEM.
- Engineers Week 2023 is February 19-25! Celebrate #Eweek2023 and share how engineers Create the Future.
- Get ready for the #Eweek2023 celebration of how engineers create the future! Join us: February 19-25. DiscoverE.org/EngineersWeek
We have a photo library of copyright free images you can use in your marketing materials